Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thoughts ~ Some Serious Some Not So


Call: 1-800-IHAVEISSUES
Listen to the instructions for leaving a message, which are something like, "Leave a message after the tone", then wait until after the tone to hang up without leaving a message, because you are a total idiot!!!

It annoys me to no end to see people staring down at their feet while they're walking. I mean REALLY are they admiring their shoes or what? Yet, I can't stop watching, because (secretly) I'm hoping they will run head first into something and I wouldn't want to miss that.

I bristle whenever I hear anyone use the word "retarded." (I hate it as much as I hate the "N" word) At one time it was a clinical term and then it became a derogatory term. Regardless the context, it is a word that should be stricken from our vocabularies.

The older I get the more selfish I am with my time.

Recently, two of my friends and I laughed until we cried. It felt SO good!

I love that odd sensation that comes from picking something up that you think is going to be heavy (but it's really not) so your arm and the object, go flying up into the air.

Every spring I get the gardening fever and have grandiose illusions of a lush vegetable garden, but then it gets really hot, I get really lazy and everything goes to Hell in a hand-basket.

This one will make the women jealous and the men say, "EEWWWW!" I don't have to shave my legs all winter long and you can't even TELL! I only shave in the summer, because the breeze blows the little hairs around and tickles my legs. Warm weather is just around the corner...time to sharpen the straight razor.

I believe that when someone tells you they have had no regrets in life, they're either lying to you or lying to themselves. Regrets are a part of life. We all have them. Shut up!

I'm pretty sure that people, who don't appreciate animals, suffer from some sort of mental disorder.

Is a green arrow just too much for some people to contemplate? "Oh, green. I know that means 'Go', but its pointing to the left! What am I supposed to DO???"

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who think I'm a nicer person than I really am.

I wish I had a "pause" button to stop conversations when I'm getting really pissed off, because several hours later I can think of the best come-backs!

I find myself worrying too much about things that don't matter and too little about things that do. I think the latter is a defense mechanism allowing me to hold on to what tiny shred of sanity I have left.

I'm sort of like a chameleon, in the respect that I can blend in with people from all walks of life. I used to think it was a gift, but more and more I wonder if it's just an indication of what a phony I really am.

It's irritating when someone calls me a cowgirl just because I ride a horse. So,I tell them that I always wanted to be a cowgirl, but I can't be one because my horse is afraid of cows.

Whenever I see a vehicle with one of those "How's my driving? Call 1-800-whatever" signs, I want to call and say something like, "I've never witnessed such incredible driving! AMAZING! Where did you find this guy? Does he give lessons? Never failed to use his signals, came to a full stop at all stop signs, very skillful at merging AND he knew exactly what to do at a green arrow!"

3 comments:

  1. (1) I stare at my shoes when I walk because I have no grace whatsoever. And because I always have on great shoes. (2) I have lots of regrets. I will never be one of those people who boasts otherwise. (3) I know you're not very nice, and I like you anyway. (4) I think you would be the coolest damn cowgirl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I love and appreciate animals but think that I may still have some sort of mental disorder.

    *Many regrets = many lessons!

    *Do people Really have time to call the number on those bumper stickers?

    *Your nice to me (genuinely) and I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Carmon doesn't have to shave her legs either. That's why I'm with her. She is just like you.

    *I cried laughing just last night. I stopped breathing for a second. Awesome.

    *I disagree with the chameleon one. I'm the same way. I think we just realize that getting along with everyone means we don't have to blow up at them because we know we're right and they are wrong.

    ReplyDelete