Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Diesel Fuel And a Stickey Clutch

So, it's 20 degrees here this morning and The Horseman sends me off to work in a truck that is showing almost no fuel in either tank. I'm the lucky one who gets to drive the low fuel truck, because I don't have the longer drive to work. Not sure if I would have enough fuel to actually make it to town I stop at the station just a mile from the house. My hands freezing to the pump handle I fill both tanks and mumble bad things about The Horseman.

In the short drive to the station it becomes apparent that the clutch is sticking at about half pedal forcing me to stomp down after each gear change to make it come all the way up. SHIT! Looks like I'll be calling Randy to see if I can bring it by and get it adjusted today before I burn the damn thing up! I'm pretty sure Randy wonders why we just don't buy a vehicle that's not a piece of junk, but he can just keep taking our money to keep that junk on the road.

Speaking of Randy. The last time I had let my truck go way too long in between oil changes this is how the conversation went:

Me: Randy, I'm way past due to have my truck serviced. I need my ass kicked.

Randy: Bring it in tomorrow and we'll get it serviced, but I'll have to charge extra for the ass-kicking.

(I love Randy)

1 comment:

  1. It seems like every week, you mention that one of your vehicles is in the shop. LOL (I am really laughing out loud!)

    ReplyDelete