Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kick-Ass Computer, Sprouts And Deals

Well, here I sit (grinnin' like a possum) at my new, kick-ass computer! Which, by the way, happens to have 160 gigs of hard drive, 2 gigs ram, a CD burner and a four-fifty-four with a four-on-the-floor! The Computer Guru really out did himself and got back in my good graces. (looks like his name may reappear in my will) I could hardly wait to get home from work to hook this baby up. The laws of nature and my own bad karma prohibit me from ever having things go as planned. So, I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart to buy a new mouse, but that's ok I'm still grinnin'.

I'm so pleased with myself, because I started two different batches of sprouts yesterday. (green pea and soy) Those are new to me. The only thing I've done before were lentil sprouts. Now there's some fine eatin'. Sprouts are really good for you and here's the best part.....they're super cheap to make!

Speaking of cheap, (by the way "Cheap" is my middle name) I went to the grocery store yesterday with some coupons and hit pay dirt. Sugar was on sale for 99 cents, had a 30 cent coupon which was doubled. HOLY CRAP....four pounds of sugar for 39 cents! Oops...I peed myself a little. When I came to the French's mustard and realized that I could get a 14 oz. bottle for 20 cents, I could barely conceal my excitement! Then came the best part...they actually had to pay ME to take a 12 oz. bottle of French's spicy brown off their hands! YIPPIE-FRICKIN'-I-O! I was lovin' life!

In case you didn't notice, I'm in a much better mood than I was when I put up my last post and you may be wondering if I had to tell anyone to go to Hell. I did not, but there were a few close calls. The mental illness is on the back burner for now, but it's still simmering.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We're back in the will!!! Hello $157.23 (or so)

    ReplyDelete