Sunday, April 19, 2009

Look! I Married Oliver Wendall Douglas!

"Faaaaaarrrm livin' is the life for me."

One day, as I was passing my house, I looked over and there he was going down through the front pasture on our 46 year old tractor. Immediately, I was struck with the image of Mr. Douglas. Even though Oliver's tractor was always referred to as a Hoyt-Clagwell, it actually was (just like ours) a Ford! When I found that out, it gave me CHILLS! (not really...I'm just being dramatic) Now, besides the tractor, The Horseman and Oliver Douglas both have the silver tresses goin' on and my husband has actually been to New York city! It is true that you're not likely to see him bush-hog in a three piece suit and "lawyer " is a term that you will never see on his resume, but (is it just me) or are the similarities uncanny? In fact, I'm quite sure that he would be likely to utter the words, "You can keep Manhattan. Just give me that country-side."

I'm a far stretch from Lisa Douglas and I'm sure my Mr. Douglas is glad of that. (although I suppose he'd be pretty happy if I looked like her) There is one common thread I share with Lisa in that I, too, get allergic smelling hay! Truth be known, I am probably more likely to be compared with (farmhand) Eb Dawson than Lisa.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go outside, climb the telephone pole and make a call.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Laughing my ass off!
    Yes, you're right. Similarities are uncanny!
    Eb Dawson would be proud knowing you compare yourself more like him.
    Be careful climbing that telephone pole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Tamoley!!! Eb "Dawson" - Cindy "Dawson", I'll say that is uncanny in more ways than one! Now you just need to start pestering Oliver (a.k.a "Dad" to Eb) for a new car. I always loved how flustered Oliver would get when Ed called him dad!! Ha! Too Funny!

    By the way, Green Acres was already in syndication by the time I got around to watching it - I wasn't born until '69!!

    ReplyDelete