Friday, January 23, 2009

Casual Friday

So, it's Friday morning and I show up for work.....looking exactly as I did when I went to bed the night before...my hair completely straight and plastered to my head, no make-up, wearing a thread-bare nightgown which (unfortunately) has more than its share of static electricity. I have clothes with me and intend to change before anyone else comes to work, but I lose track of time. The first person I encounter is my boss, (good old Z-Man) who engages me in a nice little conversation and (politely) pretends not to notice my attire. Lucky as I am, this is the day the construction crew is here to start on renovations. I am bombarded with questions about breaker-boxes and the HVAC unit. DAMN! Can't a girl get some clothes on around here? In all the confusion I look down to see the teddy bear on my gown clinging nervously to my chest. I feel your pain, buddy! Regardless of how bad this situation seems, I am thankful to be wearing the nightgown, because I have been known to go to work completely naked.

You can imagine my feeling of relief when my alarm sounds and I wake to find that this is Friday morning. I feel as though I've been given a "do-over!"



3 comments:

  1. Oh God. When I started reading this, my first thought was, "please let this be a dream!" Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no greater relief than the sound of the alarm clock at times like this! This gives "Casual Friday" a whole new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete